Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Injustice

There have only been a few times where I have felt injustice, but nothing bothers me more than the injustice in the work environment. At my current part time job, I am somewhat treated like a manager. I run the shift, I answer the phone/make calls, go to other stores if needed, and have been asked to do other duties such as going to the bank and training sessions. However, I am not payed as a manager. At my job there are three levels; these include crew member, trainer, and manager. After five years, I am just now becoming a certified trainer. Let me point out that there are people who have not been there as long as me and have been promoted multiple times. Yet, just because I know how to do my job and perform the tasks well, does not mean that I should be taken advantage of. 
It is unfair to me that there are people who came in after me getting promoted over and over again. Meanwhile as I previously stated, I have been there for five years and am just now getting my first promotion to trainer. It makes me feel unappreciated which causes me to not get along with most of the management team. I do a lot for the store and no one seems to notice or care. There are a few people on the management team that will stick up for me and notice how much I do for the store, but most just choose to ignore the fact that I do anything. These types of situations happen weekly. However, as much as I hate the treatment, I can do whatever I want and make my own schedule; So the flexibility is really why I stick it out week after week. When these situations happen, I try to just stay calm and not get worked up, especially because it occurs so often now that I'm used to it at this point. 

3 comments:

  1. It really irritates me when managers do that. But be strong and continue to work harder, because someone might be observing your hard work and seeing all your effort you are putting in your work and will give you just what you have been seeking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have managers that I feel don't do as much as I do yet I am still just a regular employee. It is frustrating to put effort into a job that doesn't recognize your hard work and decides to bring in and promote others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that has happened to you. It sounds like you are really good at your job and some day your boss will see how much of a role you play working for them.

    ReplyDelete

Elevator Speech

What is youth development? I still find myself choking up when someone asks me this question. However, after taking the intro class and real...